About Me

My photo
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
I am a beekeeper in Vancouver, British Columbia. The bees forage all the way up Stoney Creek by Burnaby Mountain.I am committed to not exposing my bees to chemicals for pest control or a quick fix to their health. I am committed to keeping them without treatment and I am working very hard to make this a success. I prefer my bees to feel like their sister's in the wild and a little bit more comfortable with the care I provide. Enjoy the pictures and follow my beekeeping endeavours.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Field Day at UBC Farm



At the Trout Lake Farmer's Market two weeks ago, Richmond Beekeeping Club had a booth. I signed up to join the club. Its $20 for the year and I get to be part of the email list. Really looking forward to the 1st meeting at UBC Farm on Saturday for their field day and to mingle with other beekeepers. I love operating and figuring things out on my own. But sometimes, like now, when I am feeling lost and hopeful about Matilda, being in a group of more experienced beekeepers will ground me and help me accept some failures. Don't get me wrong, I don't feel bad about failing. I'm glad I fail at times coz those are times when my rough edges gets sharpened and I learn the most. Making mistakes and being able to manage better is what prevents comments such as what my friend would say to his young brother,"You are only a green horn, what do you know?"..haha...Beekeeping is challenging, it keeps my mind fully occupied and that is what I don't get in the office. Thank you, my lovely bees for challenging me, you teach me how to understand my own world and you hold my interests tight on the misunderstandings of nature and you know how to reward me.

No comments:

Post a Comment